I was really excited to try this for dinner earlier this week. I love spinach artichoke dip and there’s a restaurant here in town that has a spinach artichoke chicken sandwich that I always order when we go. I was gung-ho…the rest of the family…not so much and truth be told, after having a plate of it, it was entirely too rich and I felt it just sitting in my stomach for the rest of the night. It’s safe to say I won’t be making this again. Chris ate it, to give it a fair shot, be he was less than impressed.
- 1 container Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits
- 2 10oz packages of frozen, thawed, liquid squeezed spinach
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded & divided
- 1 can of Artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 8oz container of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken, cooked & chopped or shredded
- S&P to taste
Spray a 9×9 pan with non-stick spray; set aside. In a medium size bowl, blend together the cream cheese, sour cream, cayenne pepper, S&P, parmesan cheese, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Add the spinach, artichokes, and chicken, mix to incorporate. Quarter each biscuit and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to the pan and top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, remove from oven, top with aluminum foil that has been sprayed with non-stick spray, and return to oven for an additional 30 minutes.