Category Archives: Desserts

Recipe Redux: Salted Caramel Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream Frosting

Have you ever made something and then allowed 6 more years to pass before making it again only to discover one of the prepackaged ingredients has changed and you have to guesstimate? That’s what happened tonight while baking these cupcakes … Continue reading

Posted in Cupcakes, Desserts, Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Chocolate Cupcakes

What’s not to love about a little cup of chocolate cake for a birthday? I made these for a good friend’s birthday a few months ago. Ingredients for the cupcake: 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 cup sugar 6 tbsp Hershey’s … Continue reading

Posted in Cupcakes, Desserts, Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Coconut Cream Pie Bars

I first tried my hand at this recipe several years ago and it was disappointingly lackluster. At the time, my mom jotted down tips and suggestions and it’s been hanging out in my 3-ring binder ever since. After consulting her … Continue reading

Posted in Bars/ Brownies, Desserts, Pie, Uncategorized | 1 Comment

German Chocolate Cake

Let’s take a moment and behold the gloriousness of German Chocolate Cake. This is by far one of my favorite cakes and surprisingly one that I had not previously made. Growing up, it was always one my mom would make … Continue reading

Posted in Cake, Desserts, Uncategorized | 1 Comment

Strawberry Cream Cake

98% of the time I buy strawberries, it’s for the sole purpose of having fresh fruit on hand. The other 2% of the time is because I want to bake with them. This was one of those times. Cool, creamy, … Continue reading

Posted in Cake, Desserts, Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Sandwich Cake

    This year while our birthday celebrations weren’t so quiet, my time in the kitchen was lacking. All of our birthdays are within 3 weeks of each other, and sometimes in the years passed, by the end of it all we are … Continue reading

Posted in Cake, Desserts | Leave a comment

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

I don’t know about you, but in terms of the menu for Thanksgiving, we rarely deviate from year to year. There’s the usual cast of characters: oven roasted turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans of some sort, rolls, cranberry salad, … Continue reading

Posted in Desserts, Pumpkin | Leave a comment