This dish is quick to pull together and aside from a 9×13 pan, all you need is a cutting board and some kitchen shears. An hour in the oven and voila! dinner and its sides are served all in one. Now, how’s that for effectiveness?
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I’ve also used thighs before)
- 16 oz. of fresh green beans (or frozen fine/ fancy green beans), ends trimmed
- 6-8 red potatoes, depending on size, quartered
- 1 onion, sliced or cut in eighths
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 packet of dry Italian dressing seasoning packet
- garlic powder
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray; set aside. To minimize cooking time, slice or use the kitchen shears to turn the breasts into thin strips. Season both sides of the chicken strips with S&P and garlic powder. Line the pan with the fresh green beans, place the chicken strips on top of the green beans and surround with onions and red potatoes. Sprinkle the packet of dry Italian dressing seasoning packet over the chicken, onions, and potatoes. Cut up slices of bacon into small sections and add to the top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, stir, check the chicken for doneness and, if necessary, remove the foil and turn up heat to 475 for the remaining 20 minutes.