I’ve seen this cake listed before as Better Than Almost Anything, but when it first came into the picture way back when, when I was growing up, it was called Better Than Sex cake. This is super easy and a consistent winner. I’ve yet to meet someone who does not like this cake. This is the cake that Chris requested for his birthday. He prefers his desserts to be on the cool, creamy side and it doesn’t get much better than this. I mostly always make homemade cakes, but I confess, I’ve never done it with this one. Shh, it’ll be our secret.
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix (I used a Swiss chocolate cake mix this time)
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar of caramel topping (Mrs. Richardson’s, if you can find it)
- 1 12oz. container of whipped topping (I used truwhip which is 100% natural, non GMO, no hydrogenated oil, etc)
- toffee bits (I have a big bag of Skor toffee bits in the freezer, but the best way is to buy a few Skor coffee bars and chop ’em up, though they can be hard to find. Frankly, I’m not a fan of Heath bars, Skor bars are just so much more decadent, in my opinion.
Prepare and bake cake according to package directions. While the cake is still warm, using the opposite end of a wooden spoon, poke holes all throughout the cake. Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk and the jar of caramel topping all over the cake, allowing it to work its way into the holes. Refrigerate. When cake is cool, top with whipped topping and sprinkle toffee bits over the top. Return to refrigerator until ready to serve.