There’s something to be said about quick meals: lifesavers. Between work, kid rehearsals, drive time, and coordinating meals, something has to give and fortunately, it doesn’t have to be dinner. This is one of those meals that comes together in under 30 minutes. It’s flavorful and not labor intensive. Perfect for a week night dinner.
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (I was out and used cream of mushroom instead)
- 1 15oz. can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups brown instant rice
- 1/4 cup chopped, cooked bacon
- 1 cup shredded Colby-jack cheese
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (I used a thawed rotisserie chicken that I’d already de-boned and had bagged in the freezer)
- 1 packet Ranch dressing mix
- fresh crack pepper
In a large pot, combine the soup, chicken broth, and rice and bring to a boil. Stir in remaining ingredients. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
It’s definitely important to have these life-saver recipes on hand for when the plan fails and you need immediate back up. Sometimes I just get home from work and cannot fathom making the meal I had planned. Thanks for sharing!