There’s such ease with dishes that are all inclusive. You don’t have to worry about a side because everything you need is already in there. And, aside from boiling the pasta, it’s all cooked in one big skillet. Now, if that’s not a two thumbs up on a busy night, I don’t know what is.
- 3-4 cups of uncooked farfalle pasta
- 1 1/4 cups of half & half
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 package uncooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 package fresh baby spinach (about 6 cups – which is not too much as it cooks down)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
Cook and drain pasta according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of the half & half, flour, salt, and nutmeg until smooth; set aside.
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat and cook the chicken, until browned, and no longer pink in the middle, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and spinach and cook for about 5 minutes.
Reduce the heat to low. Stir in the pasta and the half and half mixture. Stir in the remaining half and half, stir and allow to thicken. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top, cover and let sit for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.