You might not typically associate the words quick and easy with healthy, but that, my friends, is exactly what this is: delicious and flavorful dinner in no time.
- 2 tbsp. peanut oil (or olive, or refined coconut oil)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp. ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cups heaping cups broccoli, chopped bite size
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut bite size
- 1 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth (or water)
- 1/2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. corn starch mixed with 2 tbsp. water
- Jasmine rice, prepared per package instructions
In a large pan over medium high heat, heat the peanut oil and add the chicken. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the broccoli and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return the chicken to the pan and add the soy sauce and chicken broth, stirring to incorporate. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the sesame seeds, sesame oil, and cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsps. water, stir well and once the sauce thickens, remove from heat and serve over rice.
Adapted from: http://www.pickledplum.com/easy-chicken-broccoli-stir-fry/
That’s indeed a very healthy dish, absolutely love it!