Chicken Tetrazzini

chicken tetrazzini

Most week days the moment I walk in the door from work, the first words I hear are, “Mom, what’s for dinner? I’m hungry.” 85% of the time I’m prepared or have delegated dinner to Chris or the girls. The other 15% is a complete gamble. The other day it was going to be a toss up when late in the afternoon the idea of chicken tetrazzini came out of nowhere. I have had chicken tetrazzini once in my life about 4 years ago and I’ve never made it, but I remember liking it & figured, when in doubt, the internet’s got my back. I opted to downsize the recipe because while I knew I would like it, I wasn’t sure about the others. Bri was the only one who didn’t care for it. It was too creamy for her liking so she fended for herself, but otherwise it was a success and actually, the downsized version worked perfectly – side salad and all.

Ingredients:

  • 8 oz. linguini
  • 1/4 butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 – 2 cups chicken, cooked & shredded
  • 1 can cream of chicken
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 tsp. kosher salt
  • 10 -15 cranks of fresh ground pepper, per taste
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup chicken broth
  • 1 cup Colby jack cheese, shredded

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cook the linguini according to package instructions.

Meanwhile, spray a 9×9 ceramic baking dish with nonstick spray; set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, soup, sour cream, S&P, garlic powder, & chicken broth. Stir in the chicken and noodles when ready; mix well and pour into pan. Sprinkle cheese on the top and bake for 35 – 40 minutes.

Adapted slightly from:  https://lilluna.com/chicken-tetrazzini/

This entry was posted in Chicken, Pasta, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s